TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions
- Our prices are non-negotiable. Discounts are sometimes offered depending on size of shipments.
- We require payment in full for all shipments. We reserve the right to hold any shipment if payment is not received by the loading date.
- If any of your payments are returned unpaid, a return fee will be assessed. We reserve the right to hold the shipment if payment is not received by the loading date.
- Undervaluation and failure to properly declare your goods is taken very seriously by the customs authorities and can result in a fine or your goods being seized. Sencargo holds the Customer on record liable and responsible for all costs and consequences related to violations, fines, damages, incidents, claims and corrective measures resulting from cases of undeclared or misdeclared content of a shipment.
- For customs purposes you will need to prepare a complete inventory/packing list of the contents of your shipment. *We are not able to ship foodstuffs, and other articles, please see the list of prohibited items below *We reserve the right to refuse any shipment we deem to be unsafe.
- All rates are for the shipment of used or personal household effects only. Commercial items must be declared upon reservation and a separate content list must be provided. Commercial Items are subject to additional custom fees.
- The customer is liable for the packaging of the shipment. Please make sure all packages of all types are properly and safely wrapped to avoid any damages. SenCargo Services LLC is not responsible for any damages of any kind. See the guide to pack your shipment.
- Sencargo Services LLC shall not be liable for any loss, damage, delay, or non-delivery of shipments during the ocean freight process. It is strongly recommended that the customer obtains marine insurance to cover any potential loss, damage, or other risks associated with the transportation of their shipments
- All custom fees are included in the rates EXCEPT for cars.
- All goods will be shipped out of New York at the first available opportunity. If we receive your shipment at the last minute, Sencargo has the right to hold the shipment until the next scheduled cargo if the particular shipment does not fit in the container.
- Once the shipment has actually left the country it cannot be stopped or turned around until it reaches its destination. In the case where items shipped are needed urgently or ahead of travel, you might consider sending your shipment in advance and wait until you are sure you’ll find them in Senegal.
- Please understand that while we make every effort to expedite the delivery of your shipment to Dakar, due to schedule changes, weather, transshipment, vessel breakdowns, strikes, port conditions, custom procedure delays etc. we are unable to guarantee departure, arrival or clearance dates.
- In the event that you cancel your shipment for any reason after the shipment is collected, or with less than 72 business hours notice you will be responsible for any and all costs incurred by Sencargo.
- All shipments can either be delivered in Dakar for an extra fee or picked up at the SenCargo warehouse in Dakar located in Hann Maristes.
The following items are not acceptable and are prohibited/or need special authorization to ship in Senegal. Various regulatory clearances in addition to Customs clearance may be required for certain commodities, thereby extending the transit time.
- Alcoholic beverages (e.g., beer, wine, spirits).
- Collectible and/or irreplaceable items (any item worth more than its original purchase price or that is not commonly available), including but not limited to antiques, fine art, or collectible coins and stamps.
- Human corpses, human organs or body parts, human and animal embryos, or cremated or disinterred human remains.
- Explosives and incendiary devices.
- Firearms, weaponry, and their parts or ammunition.
- Perishable foodstuffs and foods/beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control.
- Live animals, eggs, larva, live insects, live spiders.
- Ivory and endangered animals.
- Plants and plant material, including cut flowers.
- Cigarettes (including roll-your-own tobacco) and smokeless tobacco products, as defined by applicable Postal Service regulations for domestic or international mail.
- Lottery tickets and gambling devices where prohibited by local, state, provincial, or national law.
- Money (coins, cash, currency, paper money and negotiable instruments equivalent to cash such as endorsed stocks, bonds and cash letters).
- Pornographic and/or obscene material.
- Hazardous waste, including, but not limited to, used hypodermic needles or syringes or other medical waste.
- Shipments that may cause damage to, or delay of, equipment, personnel, or other shipments.
- Shipments that require us to obtain any special license or permit for transportation, importation or exportation.
- Shipments or commodities whose carriage, importation or exportation is prohibited by any law, statue or regulation.
- Shipments with a declared value for customs in excess of what is permitted
- Dangerous goods, hazardous goods or combustible materials as defined by International Air Transport Association, by applicable sea or road transport regulation, or by applicable Postal Service regulations for domestic or international mail, including but not limited to:
- Category A infectious substances.
- Compressed gases, including those that are flammable or those that are nonflammable with an absolute pressure exceeding 40 psi at 70º F or 104 psi at 130º F.
- Corrosives (liquid or solid).
- Dry ice (carbon dioxide solid).
- Flammable materials, including pyrophoric, flammable, or combustible liquids with a closed cup flash point below 200º F; or flammable solids, including matches.
- Magnetized material with a magnetic field strength of .002 gauss or more at a distance of 7 feet.
h. Poisons, irritants, or controlled substances.
- Lithium Batteries.
- Processed or unprocessed dead animals, including insects and pets.
- Drugs/narcotics (illegal) or drug paraphernalia.
- Packages that are wet, leaking, or emit an odor of any kind.
- Wildlife products that require U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service export clearance prior to exportation from the U.S.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Guide, we are not liable for delay of, loss of, or damage to a shipment of any prohibited item. The shipper agrees to indemnify Sencargo Services LLC for any and all costs, fees and expenses incurred as a result of the shipper’s violation of any local, state or federal laws or regulations or from tendering any prohibited item for shipment.
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionality or features at any time, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether. We’ll post any modifications to the Terms on this page and any modifications to our Policies. Changes will not apply retroactively and generally will become effective 7 days after they are posted. However, changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you don’t agree to any modified terms in the Agreement, you’ll have to stop using the affected Services.
Should you have any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org