In the event that you cancel your reservation for any reason or after the shipment is collected, or with less than 72 business hours notice you will be responsible for any and all costs incurred by Sencargo.
Once the shipment has actually left the country it cannot be stopped or turned around until it reaches its destination. If there is any chance you might need your items, you might consider sending your shipment in advance and wait until you are sure you’ll find them in Senegal. In some cases, due to weather conditions, the vessel may be delayed for a few days.
For customs purposes you will need to prepare a complete inventory/packing list of the contents of your shipment. Please see the list of prohibited items . We reserve the right to refuse any shipment we deem to be unsafe.
The customer is responsible of labeling his/her package. For proper labeling, please download The Sencargo Shipping Label from the website. Make sure your labels are easy-to-read and accurate every time with your information and your contact information in Dakar.
You can easily track your shipment online. All information will be updated on the website. Pick up schedule in your area, Cargo departures, Cargo arrivals, Sencargo Dakar notifications etc….
You can find all departure and arrival dates in our calendar. It usually takes 15 days upon departure for cargo to arrive in Dakar. However understand that while we make every effort to expedite the delivery of your shipment to Dakar, due to weather, transshipment, vessel breakdowns, strikes, port conditions, etc. we are unable to guarantee arrival or delivery dates.
Also note that the process to ship a car is different and takes longer due to the custom procedures in the US.
Use appropriate packaging for your shipment. Check our website for instructions for safe packaging. Most packages should be 100lbs or less. Our staff should be able to carry the shipments safely. Please do not overload your package.
Our website is the best reference to find out about our services. If you need help right away, the best way to contact us is by email at email@example.com or you can call us @ 917-488-7610.
When shipping items through containers via ocean, it is very important to securely package the items in order to prevent damage. The customer is liable for the packaging of the shipment. SenCargo Services LLC is not responsible for any damages of any kind.
To protect your shipment from natural vibration that occurs in transit, use proper cushioning, blocking, bracing, banding, stretch-wrapping, and heavy duty boxes, cardboard boxes, barrels, standard wood or plastic pallets etc. Here are tips to guide you.
- Do not over-pack.
- Never mix breakables with non breakables. If you don’t have a choice, put the heavy items to the bottom, and sufficient packing between items.
- When shipping very heavy or fragile items, we suggest using wood crates.
- Always pack items in boxes firmly, with appropriate spacing between box walls, and objects inside.
- Use shrink wrap to protect packages.
- Use original packaging when available.
- Don’t ship in used or worn cardboard boxes.
- Use proper inner packaging (i.e., Styrofoam inserts, Styrofoam “peanuts”, bubble wrap).
- Don’t use improper inner packaging (i.e., cloth, blankets).
- Use permanent markers to label package(s).
- Remove old labels and obliterate old marking on package(s).
- Weapons and weapons accessories.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Animal products.
- All commodities greater than 20,000 USD without approval.
- Anything that is flammable, with a flash point of 140 degrees Fahrenheit, or greater.
- Auto parts with fluids in them.
- Fine art.
- Fine jewelry.
- Pornographic materials.
- Precious metals, with the exception of fine jewelry.
- Watches valued over $1000.
Our Dakar team will notify the receiver to pick up the shipment at the Sencargo warehouse in Dakar located in Hann Maristes.
We also deliver anywhere in Dakar and Thies for an extra fee of $30 unless it is a large shipment.
We accept credit cards payments, personal checks, wire transfers, cash upon pick up etc. Feel free to contact us for any questions firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the heavy demand, please reserve in advance, preferably as soon as a cargo is open. Schedule a pick up or a drop off time and the space will be kept for you until we receive your shipment(s).
At the moment, only Dakar Senegal. We are currently working on adding more locations in West Africa.
All custom fees are included in the rates EXCEPT for cars.